Cheesy Asparagus Fries
A healthy alternative to fried french fries baked to crispy right in the oven!
- 1 cup Panko* Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- Salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper, to taste or sub with Mrs. Dash
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge asparagus in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.