Recipe From The Amazing: She Likes Food
Please stop by her website and try some of awesome recipes!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Recipe type: Snack, Gluten Free
- ½ cup quinoa, dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup small diced zucchini
- ⅓ cup small diced summer squash
- ⅓ cup small diced red pepper
- ⅓ cup corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. While quinoa is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and onions. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the rest of the vegetables, ¼ teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook mixture until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, cooked vegetables and remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and then scoop the quinoa pizza mixture into each tin using a tablespoon. Sprinkle the top of each with a small amount of Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake pizza bites for about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!