Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 peeled carrots
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 cup red lentils (soaked overnight and rinsed)
1. Chop carrots and onion.
2. Heat your pot very hot and toss in coconut oil, onions and a few dashes of salt. Cook onions for a few minutes until they are translucent.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, carrot and celery.
4. Sauté for a minute or two and then add the lentils, squash and the stock.
5. Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for approximately 1 to 1½ hours, or until the soup is of a thick consistency and the vegetables are soft.
Source: Lentils and Squash Soup