Dried Fig and Apple Butter
- 10 dried figs, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
1. Combine figs, apples, cider and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples soften, 10 to 20 minutes.
2. Partially cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are mushy and falling apart, 20 to 35 minutes longer. Puree in batches in a blender. Cool completely, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.