This is an awesome list from Bearbody Living to get you started on a great cardio fitness routine that isn’t running. Most of these are a mix of cardio and strength training. That is exactly what everyBODY needs! You need both for optimal fitness and health.
So why no running you may ask?
- Boredom – everyone needs a break from the run once in a while. And it’s a good thing to add in strength training and to work on different muscle groups.
- Adventure – Some, like me get restless with routine. If and when the run starts to lack joy I quickly move on to another type of workout. And just as quickly I’m then wanting to run again. But I tend to try and incorporate 3 or 4 different types of activity so I never get that restless feeling.
- Injury – With some running injuries running is out for a while, but other types of physical activity are allowed.
- Group Activity – It’s nice to get out of solo stuff and be with a group training or enjoying an activity, like repelling or climbing.
- Just Don’t Like It – Enough Said…
I have a few additions to Baran’s list
Indoor Rock Climbing
Skateboarding (at a rad skaepark, not just rolling down the street)