Yesterday (photo) was gorgeous out! Today it’s cooler and overcast. As usual the spring weather here is unpredictable and always iffy for outdoor fitness (aka running). I’m not one of those run in any type weather people, nope not all.☀️🔥 I get dehydrated fast in super hot weather,🌧️prefer watching the rain fall from my window in wet weather and am a ❄freeze baby in cold weather. Sooooo I’m thankful for other ways to get my days dose of fitness in on days like that.
I do go the gym occasionally, but going out to the gym is usually a more planned event with me and Keith. I’ve been training myself to get workouts done earlier and earlier in the day so heading out to the gym can be inconvenient as far as I’m concerned. I’d rather get my workout done and over, get my shower in and get on with my day. On Demand and at home workouts are perfect for these times. On Demand though has it all. Cardio, strength, yoga, recipes & more. There’s something for everybody’s style, levels & taste.
Plus, you gotta mix it up when it comes to working out. Changing you routine to include cardio + strength + stretching gives you the best overall body conditioning. Strength training and yoga helps runners be better runners. Strength training & cardio give you that continuous calorie burn through the day (why it’s good to get it done in the a.m.) and yoga helps to repair and relax all those muscles you worked.
I have a summer fitness plan in place to do with my team. We even have a nutrition plan set. Having health be #1 and focused on before summer even hits will help us stay focused on staying healthy when all the summer temptations start hitting. This will allow us to indulge once in a while but not lose focus on staying healthy and not letting a day of a little indulgence turn into a week of unhealthy choices. When that happens I know that steamroll effect. You indulge, feel guilty, indulge again and again, let exercise slip away and before you know it you feel like you messed it all up, so why even try. I’ve been there and done that, I don’t want to go that route again. And that’s where accountability steps in and saves the day. Because I have a group of people all focused on the same thing, being healthy and staying on track. The group helps me to stay inspired 😘
Here’s the schedule I’ll be on after the 8th of June.
- June 9th to June 11th – I’ll be doing the 3 Day Refresh. The refresh is a 3 day cleanse that comes with a meal plan and guide to help rid your body of toxins and to get you ready to make good changes with your health & fitness + BOD Yoga Studio. No running these three days, and no heavy workouts. On the refresh you should either do zero workouts, light walking, or light yoga. During the refresh you are supposed to eat a prescribed meal plan and that meal plan doesn’t give you the extra calories for heavy workouts.
- June 12th to June 18th – Shaun week on BOD (daily schedule) + my run training 4 days a week.
- June 19th to July 9th – I plan to continue with Shaun T, but with Insanity Max:30 + my run training 4 days a week
- July 10th to July 16th – BOD Yoga Studio + my run training 4 days a week
- JULY 12th THE LAUNCH OF SHIFT SHOP
- July 17th to August 6th – Round 1 Of The Shift Shop + my run training 4 days a week
- July 7th to August 27th – Round 2 Of The Shift Shop + my run training 4 days a week
- August 28th to September 17th – Round 3 Of The Shift Shop + my run training 4 days a week
This has all been an evolutionary process for me. It was a slow crawl back. I’ve had to admit a lot of my frailties and fears along the way. I abused my body with food and I abused my body with lack of exercise. Having a desk job and hobbies that kept me on my butt quite a bit made it even worse. It’s been a lifestyle change, not a diet, that’s been the key to getting me healthy and fit again. And accountability to myself and others is what will keep me there. I owe it to my loved ones to be the healthiest best version of ME that I can be.
PS… If you want to join us, it’s never too late, just drop me a message if you’d like to know more about any of the programs I’ll be doing. They’ll all be on BOD which is the sweet part of it. I can take it on vacation with me and do it in my hotel room via my laptop!!
I’d love to get to know my readers more, what do you do for fitness?