😊 I’m feeling so much better now!! I’m really happy about that since this weekend I have the first official 5k I’ve run in some time now. I haven’t been running at all since I came down sick, but it should be ok. It’s a fun run👻🕯🦇🌕⚰, more about that this weekend!
I have to take a moment to rave about something. Yesterday I had the Arbonne Vanilla Protein mixed with the daily fiber boost and it was delicious😋! Now that I’ve experimented with how much ice to add to make it a thicker shake, I’m in love. The taste of the Arbonne Protein is less chalky, more so than ANY other protein I’ve had.
I’m enjoying finding and or coming up with new recipes to test out. I usually focus on making my own by throwing this and that together, but I found a great recipe for Italian Baked Cod and it was super easy so we tried it and both me and Keith give it a big thumbs up 👍🏽 It’s not difficult to eliminate gluten from your diet, it just takes some forethought. We are so used to eating gluten in everything that I have take a minute and see your menu plan a bit differently.
** Keep reading below, I’ve answered a readers question!
BREAKFAST: arbonne vanilla protein shake w/ arbonne daily fiber boost + 1 plum & 1 pear
MID MORNING SNACK: coconut yogurt
LUNCH: chopped greens salad w/beyond chicken grilled strips, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds + gluten free italian dressing
SNACK: handful of baby carrots + hummus w/ fizz stick and water
EXERCISE: 1 hour bodycombat
DINNER: italian baked tilapia served with broccoli & brown rice
- 4, 6 oz tilapia fillets
- 1/4 C italian dressing
- 1/4 C sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 C grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
Instructions can be found here
BEFORE BED: arbonne herbal detox tea
Someone sent me a message and asked; “why the supplements?”. Here are my answers:
- arbonne’s herbal detox tea – helps promote a healthy metabolic rate, which is super important. Drinking this at night keeps your metabolism moving better as you sleep and not active. This helps you burn more calories, all while you sleep.
- arbonne protein shake – Provides 20 grams of vegan protein from pea, rice and cranberry that is easily digestible and provides essential amino acids plus more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals per serving. I drink one of these a day. Personally for me the shake gives me the added nutrients I don’t get from just eating. Very few people in this world eat perfectly to supply all the nutritional balance they need for optimal health. I tend to not be a three meal a day eater. And even when I do, one of them tends to be light. I don’t do breakfast unless it’s the weekend. Plus since I workout, the extra protein helps repair muscles. AND in this case, I am on a detox and trying to lose weight so the Arbonne Protein is supplementing a meal. And as you see, I am not starving, not hardly. We are used to eating HUGE portions of BAD foods and that’s why we as a society have become heavier and heavier.
- arbonne daily fiber – once again, no one gets enough fiber in their diet anyway. And when you are trying to detox and eliminate impurities and cleanse your system, the right amount of gentle fiber is really important. It keeps everything moving along so to speak, properly, naturally and gently.
- arbonne fizz sticks – This is basically a healthy substitute for your energy drink 😉 arbonne fizz sticks give you the energy you need as a pick me up in the afternoon or pre-workout without all the nasty, unhealthy ingredients that energy drinks have. Caffeine in small amounts like this is not unhealthy, it is a great metabolism boost in
- arbonne greens balance – this is something I bought extra. I do not eat my veggies. At least not as much as I should be. And while I’m working on it, I will sometimes buy spinach and plan to eat it and it goes bad 😞🙈 My little jar of greens balance doesn’t go bad. And I do like to add it to my shakes!
- arbonne digestion plus – Prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes help support optimal digestive health. Basically what that means is that it works on your gut health. It helps break foods down and helps to minimize any gas and bloating you may still have. This is super helpful to the whole detox process and getting your gut not only clean, but probiotic friendly. In other words it sets your gut/G.I. tract up in great working order!
- arbonne 7 day cleanse – I’m taking this once this week at the end of the week and then twice a week throughout the rest of the 30 days. This is for gentle elimination of toxins and support of internal antioxidant activity, and gastrointestinal and liver health. I think that explanation is self explanatory. And although I have not yet tried this, I have heard the “elimination” is super gentle. As in you don’t have to stay close to home if you take this 😆
Put them all together and add good nutrition and you get an essential nutrition plan!
Numbers 1-5, I plan to continue every day for the rest of my life after the 30 days are over. Numbers 6 & 7 will be once in a while. The digestion plus I will keep in the house and likely take once a week or so. The 7 day cleanse I plan to use as a 7 day in a row thing (there’s a separate program just for that) quarterly to help keep my gut/G.I. tract/colon healthy.