A safe and effective healing practice that balances mind, body, and spirit.
- Reduces pain and relieves anxiety
- Boosts the immune system and promotes healing
- Encourages feelings of peace and well-being
- Provides comfort before surgery and encourages healing after surgery
- Improves quality of sleep and mental clarity
- Helps lessen the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- Supports caregivers and the terminally ill
Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key) is a simple, effective Japanese spiritual healing practice that brings the body into balance and promotes the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Reiki is facilitated by using light touch on a fully clothed recipient. There is no manipulation. Reiki treatments combine easily with any medical condition or treatment. There are no medical contraindications.
During a session, the practitioner gently places her hands on your head, neck, shoulders, abdomen, arms and legs. If you prefer, hands can be held above the body. The recipient often feels warmth and a gentle pulsing from the practitioner’s hands. Most people find a Reiki treatment very soothing and feel relaxed and peaceful during and after the session. Treatments can last from 5-10 minutes or up to an hour. Even a few minutes of Reiki can be beneficial.
Deep relaxation encourages healing. If you are anxious about an upcoming surgery or medical procedure, a Reiki treatment can help you feel relaxed. If you are experiencing pain, Reiki treatment can help you feel more comfortable. If you are having trouble sleeping, Reiki can help you fall asleep easily and improve the quality of your sleep. Reiki does not take your problems away, but it can help you feel better and cope better with the stress of an illness, the treatment of a medical condition or everyday concerns. Anyone can learn to practice Reiki on self and others.
- Stress reduction and relaxation
- Works on all levels — physical and emotional
- Helps heal the subconcious mind where many emotional issues are rooted
- Relief from pain
- Enhances healing of all illness
- Reduces the side effects of chemotherapy
- Enhances and facilitates benefits of psychotherapy
- Comforts the elderly
- Heals the cause of illness/disease and relieves symptoms
- Offers peace to the terminally ill
- Reduces anxiety and panic disorder
- Surgery patients need less anesthesia, come out of anesthesia more easily with less side effects
Please note that Reiki is a complementary practice and is not a substitute for medical treatment. All clients should continue to see their physicians or therapists in conjunction with Reiki treatments.