Charging crystals and setting intentions with the energy of the moon is a powerful practice. Cleanse your non porous crystals by gently washing it with cool water. Next, use the moon to charge your crystal. Place your crystal overnight in view of one of the moon phases listed below:
New Moon – A crystal charged at the New Moon will hold the energy of the new moon.Charge your crystal with your New Moon intention, bringing energy, inspiration and an increased hopefulness and joy to you. Use a crystal charged with the energy of the new moon when you are seeking abundance and manifestation.
Full Moon – A crystal charged in this phase will bring maximum power to your intention. Charging your crystals within the peak energy of the full moon brings an incredible energetic boost to any spiritual activities and is the best phase to charge them.
Leave the crystals out in the moonlight for three days prior and three days after the new or full moon (or for at least 24 hours). Lunar energy helps cleanse and charge the stones, and the moon’s light is brightest and energetically strongest for intention during the new moon and potency during the full moon.
Once you have cleansed and charged your crystal the next thing you will want to do it program it. Do so by holding your freshly charged crystal in your hands and focusing on the vibrational energy of the goal you are seeking to accomplish. Visualize your final goal and move this energy into the crystal. The crystal is now ready to be used for specific spell work.
Here are a few different ways to clean stones—you can do any of the following:
- Bury them in the dirt for about a week. Returning your crystals and stones to the earth allows them to cleanse and recharge with the vibration of the earth. Do not put these in the dirt, they may receive too much moisture.
- Sound is healing, not only for our bodies, but also for our crystals. You can use crystal or Tibetan bowls, tingsha bells, drums, other percussion, sacred singing, incantations, prayer, healing music (including harmonious/ceremonial/classical music or the solfeggio frequencies), vibrating ohm in a chant, or you can run activated tuning forks over them. Make sure your crystals are in the sounds pathway
- Wash them in salt water, salt purifies and absorbs negative energy. Or, hold them (carefully so as they don’t float away) under cool, flowing water, such as a spring, river, or lake. (Note: Some crystals disintegrate when wet.)
- Sunlight is a great way to bathe your crystals, especially those that are red, yellow, or orange. Caution for this method: sunlight makes some crystals fade or change in color. The following crystals should not be placed under sunlight: Amethyst, Celestite, Citrine, Fluorite, Kunzite, Rose Quartz, Smoky Quartz, Topaz, and Turquoise, to name a few. Opal will dry out in sunlight.
- If you’re a Reiki practitioner, you can clear your crystals by infusing them with pure and channeled Universal light energy. If you’re Level I or II, you can hold the crystals in your hand and clear and program them. If you’re Level III or above, you can simply beam it to them. This is what I do in my treatment room with my stones between patients, especially my chakra stones, since they are popular during treatments.
- Another way to cleanse crystals is by placing them on a slab of Selenite . Selenite is pure and never needs to be charged itself.