- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Servings: 6
This Chopped Thai Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing is THE BEST! A rainbow of power veggies with a yummy homemade dressing.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup EVO or coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons low sodium GF soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons alternative sweetner or honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste (ginger would also work)
- a squeeze of lime juice
FOR THE SALAD:
- 16 ounces snow peas
- 5–6 cups baby kale
- 1 to 3 carrots depending on carb intake
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 green onions
- 3/4 cup cashews (if you can find them, Trader Joe’s Thai Lime and Chili Cashews are the bomb)
- Puree all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust to fit your preferences. Transfer to a dressing jar and rinse the food processor out for use later.
- Cook the snow peas by boiling it for 3-5 minutes in a pot of boiling water. Drain and allow it to cool. Meanwhile, slice up the kale, carrots, peppers, cilantro leaves, and green onions into thin strips or shreds.
- Place the cooked edamame in the food processor and pulse 5 times to get a minced texture. Transfer to a bowl and repeat the same process for the cashews. Toss the kale, carrots, peppers, cilantro, green onions, edamame, and cashews together until well combined. Drizzle with the dressing, toss gently a few times, and serve immediately.
The salad will stay fresh longer if you store the dressing separately from the salad ingredients, tossing them together just before serving. Agave nectar or sugar would work in place of the honey for vegans. Those 3 cloves of garlic pack a spicy garlicky punch, so if you don’t love garlic, use less. Nutrition Info: Serves 6 Calories Per Serving: 306
% DAILY VALUE
28%Total Fat 21.7g0%Cholesterol 0mg13%Sodium 294.3mg8%Total Carbohydrate 22.7g (based on edamame rather than snow peas)19%Dietary Fiber 5.3gSugars 11.8g19%Protein 9.3g50%Vitamin A 450.8µg87%Vitamin C 78mg