Wasabi Cream Cheese Burgers
FOR WASABI CREAM CHEESE:
- 3 Tbsp. whipped cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- ½ tsp. prepared wasabi
- 1 lb. raw wild-caught salmon fillets, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Finely grated peel (lemon zest) of 1 medium lemon
- Juice of ½ medium lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg white (2 Tbsp.)
- 1½ tsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1½ tsp. finely chopped fresh chives / spring onion
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Gluten-free / wholemeal burger buns
- 2 cups kale
- Parchment paper
- Nonstick cooking spray or EVOO
- Breadcrumbs (totally optional and isn’t part of the original recipe)
- First, make the wasabi cream cheese, just add both ingredients and mix well. Add whipped cream cheese and just mixed it well by hand. Once done, pop it into the fridge
- To make the patties, buy salmon fillets without skin to make this process easier. Slice them up into pieces and toss them into a food processor with the rest of the ingredients above. Its super important to use the pulse mode with the mix as you would want it to blend well but not be mushy. You can also use a blender but remember – pulse!
- Now is the fun part: Assembling the patties! Since the mix will be quite sticky, be sure to coat your palms with a bit of oil to help shape them into patties and set them on the parchment paper / foil squares. (You can used breadcrumbs to help shape the patties but you can skip this part). Up to you how big the patties are. You can get about 6 medium sized patties. Let it set for 30 mins – 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, heat up the skillet with a drizzle of EVOO but wipe off the access with a paper towel to limit how much oil the patties absorb. Once the skillet is smoking hot, place patties onto the skillet by using the parchment paper / foil to pick up, invert them onto skillet, then gently peel off the parchment / foil. Cook for 2½ to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden on the outside. While its cooking, begin to set up your burger buns.
- Spread each bottom bun with 1 tsp. wasabi cream cheese. Top with salmon patty, kale, and finish with top bun.
- pounds ground turkey, chicken or beyond beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T (rounded) Steak Seasoning Blend
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 8 slices of cheese (optional)
- 8 thin whole grain buns (optional)
- 1 avocado
- Combine all ingredients to the steak seasoning in a bowl. Mix well.
- Form meat into patties and place on a foil lined plate or baking tray to prep for the grill
- Grill to desired doneness on both sides
BURGERS WITH GOAT CHEESE AND CITRUS MAPLE DIJON
For the dressing you will need:
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 T maple syrup (or sub honey)
- 1 T fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper
To make the burgers it is so simple! You will need:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey, chicken or beyond beef
- 2/3 cup crumbly goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- For the Citrus Maple Dijon: Whisk together in a small bowl the mustard, maple syrup, orange juice, lemon and orange zest, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours to allow the flavors to meld. Taste and add more maple if desired.
- For the burgers: Preheat the grill to high or an oiled grill pan/cast iron pan to medium high. Form the meat into four, 4-ounce burgers. Sprinkle the burgers on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. During the last minutes of cooking, add goat cheese to each burger, cover the grill/pan with foil and let the cheese soften slightly, about 1 minute. Place cooked burgers on a bed of arugula and drizzle with the Maple Citrus Dijon. Enjoy!
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- 4 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread torn into large pieces
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ lbs. raw 93% lean ground turkey or beyond beef
- 8 slices turkey bacon or vegan bacon cooked, chopped, divided use
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- 1 large egg or egg substitute
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ¼ cup all-natural ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place bread in food processor; pulse for 10 to 20 seconds, or until bread turns into coarse bread crumbs.
- Combine bread and almond milk in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey, ¾ of turkey bacon, cheese, pickle relish, egg, garlic, and onion to bread mixture; mix well with clean hands (or a rubber spatula).
- Place turkey mixture in loaf pan. Spread ketchup evenly over meatloaf. Sprinkle evenly with remaining turkey bacon.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160º F, and meatloaf is cooked through.
Cheeseburger Salad For One
- 1 burger (chicken, turkey or beyond beef), grilled and diced
- 1¾ cups Spinach
- 5 baby carrots, chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- Dijon Vinaigrette
- Shredded cheese
ingredients For Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh is best
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, add your spinach, chopped carrots, shredded cheddar, and diced burger. Arrange the sliced egg and top with vinaigrette.
Directions For Dijon Vinaigrette
- In a glass mason jar (or a medium Tupperware bowl works fine as well) combine all the ingredients.
- Place lid and shake until it’s mixed. If you’re using a bowl, just whisk it for a few seconds.
- Store in the fridge, covered, and take out 30 minutes prior to serving so it softens a bit.
Healthy “Big Mac” In A Bowl For 4
- 1.5 Lb ground turkey, chicken or beyond beef
- 8 Cups of romaine lettuce
- Bolthouse Farms Thousand Island Dressing (1-2 tbsp for each bowl)
- 4 no salt pickles spears chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (divided into each bowl)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- *A little onion and garlic powder if using animal meat
- Brown ground meat until cooked through (*add optional garlic and onion powder while cooking)
- Chop romaine lettuce into bowls
- Chop tomatoes, pickles ,and red onions then set aside
- Pour 1-2 Tbsp of dressing into each bowl of lettuce
- Mix the lettuce and dressing until evenly coated
- Add ground meat and chopped veggies to lettuce and dressing mix until evenly coated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Top each bowl with 1/4 cup shredded cheese