Do not fear your shadow.
It is there you hide your truth
Do not fear the darkness
It is there you find strength,
Courage to fight
The weight of its truth.
Do not fear sharing this weight.
Connection, like thread,
Sews up your wounds
That cut to the marrow
To be seen
In this truth
Heals not only you
Hold space for your own
Lift it up to the heavens and wail
That they gave such a heart
That feels so deep
Into inky depths
To pull you down
And further still
Into your pain
Do not fear your pain
Welcome it home
(Rejecting it fragments your truth)
Your heart has this strength
For though it was made but tiny flesh
Its fibers weave tapestry
A shimmering armor
But shining ready
With light to balance this dark
We are not singular beings.
We dance between
light and dark both
When in the depths of despair
It is this shining, armored heart that
Leads us back to peace
Darkness is the terrain
Love is the compass
Light is the wayshower
To the truth of you
Oh, that you
knew the strength
Of your own
Do not fear your shadow
Show it what it is to dance
With a being of light—
That being is you.
~Author: Angel Marie Russell
Puppy Mills need to be illegal.
#1 The majority of dogs bred at Puppy Mills and used as studs are kept in horrible living conditions and with minimal vet care. Their lives are spent as slaves with little to no humane treatment given to them, their lives are misery.
#2 Many puppies that come from mills, have genetic issues and health issues that may or will come up some time in their lives. This comes from their mothers being bred countless times over and over again.
#3 There is little need for breeding anyway, just look in any shelter. There are even pure breed rescues.
We have the opportunity RIGHT NOW to let the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) know how we feel about possible changes regarding commercial dog breeding (puppy mill) licensing. The USDA is asking for the public to comment and the deadline is November 2nd.
According to the USDA, “We are soliciting public comment on potential revisions to the licensing requirements under our Animal Welfare Act regulations to promote compliance with the Act, reduce licensing fees, and strengthen existing safeguards that prevent any individual whose license has been suspended or revoked, or who has a history of noncompliance, from obtaining a license or working with regulated animals. We are soliciting public comment on these topics to help us consider ways to reduce regulatory burden and more efficiently ensure the sustained compliance of licensees with the Act.”
Suggested issues to address in your comments to the USDA:
- OPPOSE: Encourage the USDA to…
View original post 249 more words
- The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice
- It by Stephen King (love the book way more than any of the movie adaptations)
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Lord Of The Rings by Tolkien
- The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
Movies: Horror, But Not Slasher Or Gore/Some Comedy/Very Little Romance/Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Action/Mystery/Documentary
- Guardians Of The Galaxy
- Love Actually
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Harry Potter…
- Lord Of The Rings…
Documentaries: Animal Welfare and Rights/Environmental
- The Cove
- An Inconvenient Truth
- Racing Extinction
- Marvel Franchises
- The Amazing Race/Survivor
- Game Of Thrones
Everything and anything other than country. House music is my go to, but I listen to R&B, pop, rap, classical, rock opera, metal, etc… It’s a flavor, a mood, an emotion. But I am not a fan of country at allllllll. There have been a few pop crossovers that have been ehhh ok. But I’m just not a fan of the song style or lyrics.
Place of Birth?
I think I would have to say my eyes
One on my hand and one on my back
Righty or lefty?
Blogging, cooking, running, fitness, volunteering, traveling
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Anything by Sia
I follow a bunch of people but lately I’m never on there. Hmm, The Fitness Marshal
Pizza, Italian, obsessed with sweet potatoes
Teas, coffees and sparkling waters
Free People, Urban Outfitters, Anthropology, INKnBURN, I mostly like boutiques more than shops you find at the mall. And I usualllllly only shop sales. Other than INKnBURN. I like to thrift shop too.
Any and all, well…not snakes and spiders and bugs only from afar lol
Black, pink, teal, deep dark water blues
I listen to all different kinds of music like popular, house, R&B….
Believe in love at first sight?
Believe in ghosts?
Believe in Aliens?
Believe in soulmates?
Believe in heaven and hell?
Believe in yourself?
More and more every day
If you won the lottery, what would you buy?
A house, pay off bills, buy my In-Laws a house, give my besties some cash, and donate the rest.
Your favorite/worst subject in high school?
Favorite/Algebra-Math. Worst was social sciences, boring, really boring.
Something you wish you were talented at?
The first thing you notice about people?
On top of your bucket list?
Your biggest accomplishment?
Something you look for in a partner?
I found him, but it was his sense of honor
Something you dislike?
People who are too full of themsleves
Beauty and the Beast
Random Final Questions:
Autumn, because cool crisp air and it’s windy. Plus all the colors!
If you could live anywhere in the world where?
Hawaii, Washington State, Italy, or Sweden
Sweet or savory?
I prefer sweet
Last time you cried?
Not that long ago
If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
Scary movie or happy ending?
I love scary movies, just not slasher gore movies.
Are you competitive?
Describe yourself in a single sentence?
I’m a shy extrovert who loves animals more than people and is environmentally conscious, loves to volunteer and is an advocate for animals and the earth.
If you could give your younger self some advice, what would it be?
Believe in yourself
Right outside my office window lives 2 tiny squirrels. They some times hang out on our balcony. And I’ve even caught the little ones staring in at me. Today this one spent quite some time eating, grooming and napping in my line of sight. I sure hope these two get enough food stored. We may not have super bad winters here, but these two are skinny. They are super cute though and I tend to get distracted from work to watch them play and run up and down the trees
This is something I’ve thought long and hard about. To do or not to do and that is the question now isn’t it? So I’ve decided I will do guest blog posts, but only if they don’t conflict with my own views or my business. Other than that, I’d love to include blog posts about travel, clean eating and/or gluten free recipes, fitness trends, fashion, or inspiring stories.
To Guest Post Follow These Steps:
- Email me with the subject GUEST BLOG
- Send me a pitch of the post you want to share on my blog (including title, images, GIFS, and/or anything else you wish to include.)
- Let me know which social media platform you do most of your shares on.
- I will send a confirmation email.
- After confirmation email is sent, your post will be live within 2 days if approved, if not I will reply with the reason why I chose not to.
- After post is live, please share and market the post on said media platforms.
- I will give all credit for the blog post to you and your blog.
- I will direct my readers to your social media platforms as long as you supply me with the info!
- I will not change your content, because I want you to express your own unique style.
- I will only be choosing up to four guest blogs per month (once a week give or take)
Thanks for all of your inquiries. I’ve been super busy launching my business but now have the time to look over submissions for consideration.
In my own personal quest to downsize and get rid of junk I started a list for myself but thought I’d share with my fellow bloggers!
- Take-out menus. Why keep these? You can look the menu up online.
- Packets from everywhere, fast food places, pizza delivery, Chinese delivery, etc…
- Duplicates of most kitchen spoons, tongs, etc…
- Candles that are near the bottom, face it, you won’t light it again.
- Broken magnets, you’ll never fix them.
- Speaking of magnets, get rid of the ad campaigns.
- Plastic cups you collect from places you visited. Like the zoo…
- Napkins that are laying around from fast food ventures.
- Excess mugs
- Any small appliances you haven’t used in a year
- Magazines you hoard
- Old water bottles
- The Tupperware that has no lids
- The sock that has no mate after the second laundry attempt to find and it’s still lost
- Lids that have no bottom
- The lone earring that has no match
- Old receipts
- Old ticket stubs
- Old cell phone accessories
- All those manuals you can just find online if you really need them
- Holey socks, holey shirts, holey pants…unless designed to be holey
- Old hair elastic ties
- Old bras – be kind to yourself and invest in new ones
- Old fragrances you never use
- Old makeup you never use
- Expired coupons
- Scratched non-stick cookware (it’s bad for you)
- Spare whatevers you haven’t used, ever
- Take the old ink cartridges to be recycled…finally
- Old cell phones
- Old computer parts
- Those shirts from races you never wear, make a quilt with them, or donate them!
- Those puzzles that have missing pieces, still…
- Pens with barely any ink
- Old eye ware
- Old product boxes
- Plastic hangers from the store
- Ugly undergarments and undergarments that don’t fit
- Books you’ve never read or will never read again
- Old spices – Spices don’t actually spoil but they lose their potency. A good rule of thumb is 1-2 years for seasoning; 1-3 for herbs and ground spices; and up to 4 years for whole spices.
- Old nail polish
- Clothes that are more than 2 sizes too small or 2 sizes too big
- Little shampoo and conditioner bottles from a hotel you went to years ago
- Samples you will never use
- Old planners and calendars
- Expired medications and sunscreens
- Key chains you don’t ever use
- Clothes you haven’t worn in over a year
- Old bills (get a shredder)
- Old paint
- Half of the 30 coffee cups you own
- Expired food
- Old keys
- Phone Books
- Remotes to things you no longer own
- Cords to things you no longer own
- Rusted anything
Tinka Belle is a calico kitty and she has never been a friendly girl. She was a feral cat that a neighbor brought to us because she had been living under her grandma’s porch and the neighbor was trying to kill her. But time and patience has proven that even a feral, frightened, angry kitten can turn into an amazingly loving and loyal member of a family!
She now wants nothing more than to keep a close eye on me. Ever since our chihuahua (Ippo) passed away a year ago she has been by my side and comforted me through difficult moments. Our bond has grown tremendously the last year. She is my rock, even if she can be aloof and anti-human at times. ps…she hate everyone but us!
Loki name has changed about three times since he came to us. Another hard case, this fella would not walk on carpeting when he first came into the apartment. It took him a week or so to stop just jumping from furniture to furniture and walk on the floor. He’s a bit, “off”. Perhaps a bit autistic maybe.
He is a cuddle bug though, but still after over 6 years he is still skittish and temperamental. He was brought to us by the same neighbor. Neither of these babes had microchips and no one ever claimed them. They stayed with us in the beginning because we were pretty sure with all their oddities in behavior, they would have a hard time getting adopted. We still have to work with them daily. Neither are your typical playful sweet cats. They are moody, they can be aloof, but are very loved and love us right back (in their way, in their time and only for as long as they deem appropriate lol).
Many thanks to 💛 Jim @ This Is My Truth Now for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger award. He nominated me way back in July and somehow I completely missed this tag 😞 But I found it, so here goes!
This is an award for those blogs which bring sunshine into your life… interpret it any way you feel is appropriate, but follow these guidelines:
1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Where is the best place to watch the sunrise or sunset?
Hands down – the beach! It’s the most amazing feeling to watch the sun rise or set way out as it seems to or rise from the ocean depths 💙🌊
- What color do you wear the most often?
Hmm probably black because that’s one of my favorite colors.
- How many siblings do you have?
Two (one passed away quite a while ago)
- Which charity would you leave all your money to in the future?
I would divide 😂 all my money between the ASPCA, Harley’s Dream, and Oceana because yeah, I really do love animals more most of the time. But my money certainly wouldn’t go very far.
- If you lived in another country, what would it be?
Italy or Ireland, maybe New Zealand.
- What are your favorite and least favorite candy bars?
Favorite, mounds, I love coconut. Least favorite, almond joy, why did they have to ruin a delicious coconut candy bar???? Seriously, I don’t think I have a least favorite or favorite. I don’t eat candy bars very often. I usually eat 3-5 Hershey Kisses and I’m good to go for regular candy. As far as chocolate, I prefer the good expensive kind that isn’t filled with bad ingredients.
- What is you favorite time of day?
Twilight, or very early dawn. Used to be middle of the night.
- What is the least favorite part of your own blog?
I recently made a lot of changes and I don’t really dislike anything anymore about my blog. I dislike the fact I am bad with time management and don’t blog as much as I’d like to.
- What food causes you to pig out the most?
🍕🍕🍕 Pizza. Pizza is my guilty, not guilty pleasure. Now I’d rather make my own so I can control the ingredients 😉 and that makes it a healthier option than ordering.
- What actress would you want to meet for coffee?
Jennifer Lawrence, Rosario Dawson, Nikki Reed, or some other actress who speaks 🗣️ out for a cause they believe in. I’m not much of a fan girl type. I look at acting, writing, singing, playing a sport as no different than any other job. Everyone has a talent at a job they do, some just don’t see it that way. And people who do jobs that put themselves in harms way for the community and those who teach our children should be honored more than any celebrity, ever! But those who use their public platform and followings to try and help their world are pretty amazing to me. Now that is a super power
- Where is your most ticklish spot?
Sides, but I can get control of it pretty quick and I WILL tickle back!
My Questions For You:
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Who inspires you the most?
- What is your dream job?
- Which country/city/place would you recommend to visit, and why?
- A book that you will definitely recommend?
- What do you do to take care of you?
- What fictional place would you most like to visit, and why?
- What is your favorite song of the moment?
- What is the one touristy thing I would have to do or see in your home town?
- Who’s your favorite superhero?
- At what time of day do you enjoy sunshine most?