Right outside my office window lives 2 tiny squirrels. They some times hang out on our balcony. And I’ve even caught the little ones staring in at me. Today this one spent quite some time eating, grooming and napping in my line of sight. I sure hope these two get enough food stored. We may not have super bad winters here, but these two are skinny. They are super cute though and I tend to get distracted from work to watch them play and run up and down the trees
This is something I’ve thought long and hard about. To do or not to do and that is the question now isn’t it? So I’ve decided I will do guest blog posts, but only if they don’t conflict with my own views or my business. Other than that, I’d love to include blog posts about travel, clean eating and/or gluten free recipes, fitness trends, fashion, or inspiring stories.
To Guest Post Follow These Steps:
- Email me with the subject GUEST BLOG
- Send me a pitch of the post you want to share on my blog (including title, images, GIFS, and/or anything else you wish to include.)
- Let me know which social media platform you do most of your shares on.
- I will send a confirmation email.
- After confirmation email is sent, your post will be live within 2 days if approved, if not I will reply with the reason why I chose not to.
- After post is live, please share and market the post on said media platforms.
- I will give all credit for the blog post to you and your blog.
- I will direct my readers to your social media platforms as long as you supply me with the info!
- I will not change your content, because I want you to express your own unique style.
- I will only be choosing up to four guest blogs per month (once a week give or take)
Thanks for all of your inquiries. I’ve been super busy launching my business but now have the time to look over submissions for consideration.
🌿🥑🍓🍋Whether on the 30 Days to Healthy Living Program, or off, this is a wonderful guide to lean, clean snacks. There’s nothing wrong with snacking, quite the opposite as it helps maintain consistent metabolic function in our bodies. Some cultures recommend 5-6 small meals throughout the day for optimal metabolism and digestive function. Enjoy!!
- Seasonal fruit with organic whole milk or plain yogurt and freshly ground flaxseed.
- Whole-grain, high fiber crackers with cheese or smoked salmon.
- A small handful of raw or lightly toasted nuts.
- Cucumber or carrot slices and hummus.
- A hardboiled egg (look for omega-3-enriched eggs for added nutritional value) sprinkled with smoked paprika.
- Fresh vegetables with organic plain yogurt – add fresh herbs and seasonings for more flavor.
In my own personal quest to downsize and get rid of junk I started a list for myself but thought I’d share with my fellow bloggers!
- Take-out menus. Why keep these? You can look the menu up online.
- Packets from everywhere, fast food places, pizza delivery, Chinese delivery, etc…
- Duplicates of most kitchen spoons, tongs, etc…
- Candles that are near the bottom, face it, you won’t light it again.
- Broken magnets, you’ll never fix them.
- Speaking of magnets, get rid of the ad campaigns.
- Plastic cups you collect from places you visited. Like the zoo…
- Napkins that are laying around from fast food ventures.
- Excess mugs
- Any small appliances you haven’t used in a year
- Magazines you hoard
- Old water bottles
- The Tupperware that has no lids
- The sock that has no mate after the second laundry attempt to find and it’s still lost
- Lids that have no bottom
- The lone earring that has no match
- Old receipts
- Old ticket stubs
- Old cell phone accessories
- All those manuals you can just find online if you really need them
- Holey socks, holey shirts, holey pants…unless designed to be holey
- Old hair elastic ties
- Old bras – be kind to yourself and invest in new ones
- Old fragrances you never use
- Old makeup you never use
- Expired coupons
- Scratched non-stick cookware (it’s bad for you)
- Spare whatevers you haven’t used, ever
- Take the old ink cartridges to be recycled…finally
- Old cell phones
- Old computer parts
- Those shirts from races you never wear, make a quilt with them, or donate them!
- Those puzzles that have missing pieces, still…
- Pens with barely any ink
- Old eye ware
- Old product boxes
- Plastic hangers from the store
- Ugly undergarments and undergarments that don’t fit
- Books you’ve never read or will never read again
- Old spices – Spices don’t actually spoil but they lose their potency. A good rule of thumb is 1-2 years for seasoning; 1-3 for herbs and ground spices; and up to 4 years for whole spices.
- Old nail polish
- Clothes that are more than 2 sizes too small or 2 sizes too big
- Little shampoo and conditioner bottles from a hotel you went to years ago
- Samples you will never use
- Old planners and calendars
- Expired medications and sunscreens
- Key chains you don’t ever use
- Clothes you haven’t worn in over a year
- Old bills (get a shredder)
- Old paint
- Half of the 30 coffee cups you own
- Expired food
- Old keys
- Phone Books
- Remotes to things you no longer own
- Cords to things you no longer own
- Rusted anything
Tinka Belle is a calico kitty and she has never been a friendly girl. She was a feral cat that a neighbor brought to us because she had been living under her grandma’s porch and the neighbor was trying to kill her. But time and patience has proven that even a feral, frightened, angry kitten can turn into an amazingly loving and loyal member of a family!
She now wants nothing more than to keep a close eye on me. Ever since our chihuahua (Ippo) passed away a year ago she has been by my side and comforted me through difficult moments. Our bond has grown tremendously the last year. She is my rock, even if she can be aloof and anti-human at times. ps…she hate everyone but us!
Loki name has changed about three times since he came to us. Another hard case, this fella would not walk on carpeting when he first came into the apartment. It took him a week or so to stop just jumping from furniture to furniture and walk on the floor. He’s a bit, “off”. Perhaps a bit autistic maybe.
He is a cuddle bug though, but still after over 6 years he is still skittish and temperamental. He was brought to us by the same neighbor. Neither of these babes had microchips and no one ever claimed them. They stayed with us in the beginning because we were pretty sure with all their oddities in behavior, they would have a hard time getting adopted. We still have to work with them daily. Neither are your typical playful sweet cats. They are moody, they can be aloof, but are very loved and love us right back (in their way, in their time and only for as long as they deem appropriate lol).
I saw this on Karalee’s Blog, Tales of Belle Beauty & the Books, and thought I would do it too. I never really talk about my makeup on my blog much because I usually am posting sweaty makeup free, or makeup smeared selfies of me running. But now that I’m actually a consultant I think I should start talking more about my personal daily skincare/beauty regiment.
Plus it’s autumn here and the weather is (eventually) going to be getting cooler and yeah I’m one of those girls that wears makeup when they go running or when they head to a Les Mills Bodypump class or yoga session. I love makeup, I love my eyeliner and mascara! I think the makeup that I wear the least is lipstick, but that’s just my style (and my tiny lips 💋). PLUS I not actually have a solid skincare routine that I adore and a makeup line I love and trust 💗 So heck yeah, Beauty Tag!
- Do you remember your first makeup item? No, it was a really inexpensive mascara from a drug store.
- Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? One that makes my lashes as full and long as the can be ❤️ and it has to be cruelty free! Yes I have FINALLY found the perfect mascara here, I will never be without it!
- What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? I prefer one that is full coverage and one that works on preventing signs of aging, minimizing fine lines/wrinkles. I use Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation. I’m not a fan of powder foundations, they tend to dry skin out over time so I keep my bronzing powder to a minimum.
- Favourite high end brand? Well I used predominantly all Arbonne products now and they are a bit high end. But I know I can trust the purity in formulas and they feel amazing on my skin! I still occasionally use E.L.F. eyeshadow shades.
- What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t? I’ve dabbled with just about every brand I want to try. Since I stay with cruelty free brands, it’s a more limited selection (but growing!).
- Favorite drugstore brand? NYX, great eyeshadows!
- Do you wear fake eyelashes? No I don’t need to ❤️😏
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? Light sunscreen, otherwise you see me bare faced a lot when I run/work out.
- What is your most cherished beauty product? Seriously it’s my skincare regiment (RE9)!
- How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once? I shop as I run low, or when i see a fabulous eyeshadow or lip color! Or when a new Arbonne product releases!!!
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely? I spend freely, but I have my everyday look which is eyeshadow free for the most part. I reserve eyeshadows for when I go out. Otherwise it’s my skincare regiment, foundation, concealer, sheer glow highlighter stick, (summer -bronzer), eyeliner, mascara and lip 👄 color. So my budget is manageable while still making me gorgeous ☺️😏
- Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics? Being an Independent Arbonne Consultant you get a fabulous discount (35% off most items). So it makes a high end quality products verrrry affordable!
- What type of product do you buy the most of? Skincare because all the makeup in world won’t matter if you don’t take care of your skin!
- Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand? And that still test on animals.
- Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates? Yes I do. I also avoid products that contain animal ingredients or are tested on animals.
- Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? Arbonne it’s WHY I became a consultant, I LOVE everything they carry! I shopped too much from them to NOT be a consultant!
- Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? Now that I found everything that works, and works well, I’ll stick with my routine. But I do like experimenting with color so I will try new eyeshadow colors, liners, etc…
- Favourite bath and body brand? Arbonne, no seriously! They have a new Rescue and Renew line that is like spending a day at the spa, especially when you use the new essential oils at the same time. Before Arbonne, and still occasionally I use Lush.
- If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose? I think I made this pretty clear, Arbonne 🙂💚
- What brand do you think has the best packaging? Hmmm E.L.F. I love black
- Which celebrity always has great makeup? For glam, Kat Von D. For every day natural, Jessica Biel
- Do you belong to any online makeup communities? Just the Arbonne consultant group where we give tips and ideas. I do follow beauty bloggers.
- Favourite Beauty Gurus? The Beauty Bean
- Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains? Yes! The Arbonne Sheer Glow Highlight Stick is pretty amazing!
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? No, I take my time when I do my makeup to go out and my day look is fast because I do it every day.
- Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes? Yes, Arbonne carries a basic makeup primer and a primer specifically for eyes, they are fabulous!!
- How many hair products do you use on a typical day? I use shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair that’s very very specific because my hair doesn’t hold color well. My stylist recommended Framesi Color Lover Shampoo/Conditioner. I also use My Amazing Full & Thick Secret because I have very fine hair. It helps hold my style while thickening the look of my hair.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation? I apply concealer under my eyes first, then foundation.
- Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? Yes, I have been considering it pretty seriously of late, but first, my nutrition certification!
- What do you love about makeup? I feel it’s like adding spices and seasonings to a fabulous dish. Makeup brings out the subtle delicacies of your look. Makeup allows you to accent your best features. It’s fun, it’s as empowering to wear makeup as it is to take it all off.
If you want to do the tag, just grab the beauty tag graphic, the questions and go for it! I’d love to see your responses!Want more info on skincare or makeup that Arbonne carries? Just message me here or browse the products here!