Dried Fig and Apple Butter
- 10 dried figs, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
1. Combine figs, apples, cider and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples soften, 10 to 20 minutes.
2. Partially cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are mushy and falling apart, 20 to 35 minutes longer. Puree in batches in a blender. Cool completely, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
He really is the better half 💗 My super amazing hubby likes to surprise me with gifts. Which he knows I love because they are unplanned, spur of the moment and not given at the traditional birthday, Christmas, Yule, etc…. We exchange gifts for those too, but he likes me to feel pampered and will get me things I would never spend the money on because “they aren’t practical”. And he wants more for me.
So after opening my super awesome presents I decided a great accompaniment to the fruit would be a nice hot cup of semi-homemade cider. The apples are wrapped in chocolate and caramel so the sound of cider along with the fruit sounded so good! So I made some cider!
Throw It Together Quick Cider
4-5 cups apple juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
a couple drops of artificial caramel, or rum flavoring, to taste (optional)
garnish with a cinnamon stick or apple slice (if you have it and want to make it pretty)
Heat the apple juice and spices in a small pot, stir over medium heat, reducing heat as it starts to get hotter. Keep stirring so the spices fully dissolve or you will have clumps in your cider. Last, before removing from heat add in the artificial flavoring if adding it, stir for a moment or two. Serve hot and enjoy a cozy cup of autumn
Didn’t I say that fall was approaching steadily? Well, here it is – I guess I shouldn’t have jinxed it… Here in Copenhagen, it was raining so much that I will probably…
Source: Pumpkin Soup with Apple
Almond Butter Baked Apples- sweet baked apples stuffed with vanilla almond butter, pecans, cinnamon and sea salt then drizzled with pure maple syrup. Makes for a delicious guilt-free snack or dessert! (vegan + gluten-free) It’s finally starting to feel like fall in California! It was cloudy all day today and I loved every second of …
Source: Almond Butter Baked Apples