HOW TO WALK FASTER
Here is the procedure:
- Usually done during the middle of a recovery “walk day” between runs or during the warm down walk on a running day.
- Warm up by walking very gently for at least 5 minutes – then do the following Drill.
- For 10-20 seconds, pick up the cadence of the walk by shortening stride.
- Walk gently for 30 seconds.
- Keep alternating segments, finding a cadence or rhythm that is quicker.
- Ease back on the cadence if you lose smoothness.
- First day, do this for ten minutes.
- Increase by 3-4 minutes on each successive session.
- Goal is to have 20-30 minutes total in this workout.
- Do this once or twice a week to maintain adaptations.
Jeff Galloway Resources: