I stumbled across the blog, Discovering Your Happiness who had written part 1 about How To Be A Positive Thinker. I think working on self improvement is huge, not just for myself or selfish reasoning but because of what I put out into the world and how my vibe affects the world around me.
I used to be nothing but a negative thinker. My glass was always half empty. But that’s exactly the point, my glass was staying always half empty. And of course I always blamed that on outside factors and never looked within.
I’ve been working on that though. And actually my blog is part of that ongoing personal positivity project. So I love coming across other blogs that are putting out something that can bring focus to changing my perceptions and focus towards good energy. So I’m participating because small steps like this can brighten my horizons and create a more positive spin on life 😌
- Write down three things that went well & explain why they went well.
- My last run – because I’ve been putting the training and conditioning on my legs.
- Playing cornhole for the first time – because I stepped out of my fear of doing new things in front of others and just did it!
- Putting on a shirt I bought that never fit because it was too tight – because I’ve been working on better nutrition, found a good program and am being consistent with it (no more DIets are ever needed), and have lost 8 pounds!
- Write down three things that didn’t go well & explain why they didn’t go well.
- Making dinner last night – because I was tired and unprepared
- The last yoga balance poses I was trying to do – I just can’t get it
- Trying to re-arrange the office – ahhhh nothing fits the way I want it to!
- Write down three things you are grateful for.
- My hubby
- My kitties
- Good health
- Read back over what you wrote, sometimes what seems super-dramatic in your mind will suddenly seem much more minor when you actually read it out. Was it really worth all that negativity?
- Dinner ended up not all that bad. I was just grumpy tired. My hubby ate it all up and enjoyed it and so did I.
- The balance poses I will eventually get. I weak legs that are getting stronger and as I practice more and gain leg and core strength, I WILL get them!
- The office is too small for all our stuff. It’s not the end of the world. I could get rid of stuff, or just find ways to make the room “feel” bigger 😀
Thanks for the good read and personal development exercise Discovering Your Happiness!
Have you ever thought about how disconnected we are from the natural environment? We sleep in shelters above the flooring even upon beds. We work under fluorescent fixtures with climate controlled air ventilated through our offices. We sit on decks and porches when we go outside and find picnic shelters when we decide to eat surrounded by mother nature. We wear shoes of all sizes, shapes, and materials and even in the summer flip flops and sandals shield our precious paws from the earth we stand upon.
Our feet alone are far removed from the feeling of the earth beneath our feet and the grass between our toes. I am very much a barefoot person. And when I have to wear shoes they are usually flip flops or as minimal a running shoes as my legs/shins/ankles will withstand. I have always loved the energy of the earth. And at some point the rest of the world seemed to catch up as I see websites telling the virtue of earthing, books written about earthing, and see more and more people transitioning into Vibrams for everything from running to hiking, running, camping and paddle boarding. I’ve seen them on the tv show Survivor!
I know I enjoy being barefoot but apparently there are many possible benefits from your bare feet touching the earth. It’s kind of amazing. And our feet are just one part of us which most of the time stays far removed from the earth and all it’s wonder. With earth day approaching (April,22) take off your shoes and find some earth to stand on and just embrace the moment of re-connect to the earth 💚
Taking time out of your day to acknowledge those who have spotlighted your blog and recognized it’s value in the blogging world is important I think. Because, after all, we are here to be seen and enjoyed and when someone specifically calls you out on that, it’s special and to be held close to the heart!!💓
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Sarah from the amazing Lifestyle With Sarah, for nominating me for this award! I’m excited, this is fun and allows you to introduce other’s blogs! Thanks so much Sarah 😘
Please visit her blog Lifestyle With Sarah for some wonderful lifestyle/beauty, reviews and inspiring ideas!
The Versatile Blogger Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers to recognize their work and high-quality writing, creativity, unique content and love for their passion. It encourages bloggers to continue doing what they love.
Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award and provides a link to their blog.
- Nominate at least 5 other bloggers.
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
Seven Facts about Me.
- My husband and I met online (he lived in Florida & I was in Ohio), and we were married a year later. We will be celebrating 9 years together this year!
- I find sauerkraut revolting
- I color adult coloring books (not x rated, silly) as a meditation tool.
- I can’t swim (yet, classes this summer!).
- I love Italian food
- Discovering Your Happiness
- We’re The Travelers
- The Om Project
- Harley’s Dream
- art of being fabulous
- Rachel Mankowitz The Cricket Pages
- Adventures On The Run
- Neurodivergent Rebel
Back when I first started blogging I was nominated for a couple awards. I was clueless and had no idea what they were or what to do so I never participated 😞 I’ve been looking up info about blog awards. I found this extremely helpful blog post about the Liebster Award and wanted to share it with you in case you were as clueless about awards as I was.
The Liebster Award: The Official Rules + My First Blog Award and a Few Personal Secrets Revealed
Beautiful but busy day! Headed down to the boardwalk for a quick run with the hubby in between the other plans and responsibilities we had to take care of today 💙 It gets so busy down at the boardwalk during tourist season, which is nearly here. So we decided to get in a beach run. It was already bustling with early vacationers and spring breakers. I admit I love the energy vibe down here during tourist season, but my other half, not so much lol.
A quick tip for anyone wanting to head to Virginia Beach for a vacation? The months of March, April, and October are usually less crowded and the hotels are at lower rates. But be warned, March & April the ocean may still be a bit chilly. October though you still have warm waters! Just no sign of lifeguards. Today though people were in the water! Swimmers, surfers and kids playing around. It was kinda awesome!
The hubby did his thing and I did mine. We run at different paces and I do the whole run/walk/run so we went separate ways once we were there. But it was absolutely beautiful! Temps hit the 80’s, sunny with a nice cool breeze, perfect run weather!
My legs are starting to gain strength and I’m pretty happy with the day. I’m not even worried about running right now. It’s all about building endurance and strengthening my legs. And of course conditioning these lungs of mine. Four packs of cigarettes a day does some serious damage. Quit NOW, if you smoke. That damage just increases as time goes by. So happy I quit and never going back.
Days like today make me so thankful I quit smoking. Breathing the fresh air, smoke free is profoundly different. And smelling the ocean breeze, yeah that’s good stuff!