This light and fresh Cucumber and Black Bean Salad is the perfect side for all your summer grilling, but also works great as a taco topper, base for a bowl meal, or even a chunky salsa for chip dippin’. The freshness of the cucumber balances the earthy black beans, and the tangy homemade vinaigrette keeps everything light and fresh!
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta (optional)*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
Get the rest of the recipe and more at Budget Bytes!
Beaches, picnics, vacations, swimming, baseball, sunshiny days, warm balmy nights and, grilling out doors!
Hubby and I are planning one of our firsts. Our first grill! As apartment dwellers we’ve seen a lot of restrictions on grills and just no grills allowed at most places. But where we are now we can have a grill, finally!
Veggies straight off an outdoor
grill is my favorite way to eat them other than raw. Can’t wait to use these on the grill outside instead of toaster oven, inside!!
- Eggplant with coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and garlic
- Zucchini with grapeseed oil, lemon juice, and basil
- Summer squash with avocado oil, lime juice, and mint
- Green beans with equal parts sesame oil and grapeseed oil, Chinese black vinegar, ginger, and orange zest
- Corn on the cob with avocado oil, lime juice, and chile pepper
- Sweet bell peppers/zucchini with avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, minced onion, fresh basil, minced garlic, sea salt, pepper
- Eggplant/pattypan squash with avocado oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic clove/grated, sea salt, red chili flakes, fresh mint minced, fresh oregano minced
- Sweet bell
- ll peppers with grapeseed oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, sea salt, pepper
- Summer squash/carrots/asparagus with pomegranate balsamic vinegar, honey, sea salt, pepper, coconut oil, chopped fresh sage, chopped parsley