𝑹𝑬9 𝑨𝒅𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
𝑨𝒓𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒖𝒑 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
- 𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒉 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒖𝒌𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒎 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑾𝒂𝒔𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒌, 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓. 𝑯𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒉 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒊𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒚𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅. 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒊𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏.
- 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒕. 𝑻𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏, 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒏𝒆. 𝑹𝑬9 𝑨𝒅𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
- 𝑺𝒖𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒔. 𝑺𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒖𝒍𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝑼𝑽𝑨 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏. 𝑭𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒖𝒎𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈.
- 𝑴𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐𝒐. 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒄𝒛𝒆𝒎𝒂. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒆-𝒖𝒑𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒅𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒙𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔, 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒚𝒐𝒈𝒂, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒚. 𝑬𝒏𝒈𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒚, 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒙𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄, 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍.
𝑨 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝑫𝒊𝒆𝒕
𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒌𝒆𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒅𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒚. 𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔:
- 𝑨𝒗𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏.
- 𝑾𝒂𝒍𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒔, 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝑶𝒎𝒆𝒈𝒂 3𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑶𝒎𝒆𝒈𝒂 6𝒔.
- 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝑽𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏 𝑬 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒁𝒊𝒏𝒄.
- 𝑺𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒑𝒐𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒆𝒔, 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒂-𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒆.
- 𝑹𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒂-𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒆, 𝑽𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏 𝑪, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒏.
- 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒄𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒊, 𝒂 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑳𝒆𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒏, 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏.
- 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆, 𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒙𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔.
1. Don’t look at the phone when you open your eyes!
Charge your phone in another room, keep it out of the bedroom. You will sleep better and not be tempted to check social media. And there’s no pressing issue or someone would have called you! Here’s a great article on how waking up with technology is wrecking your morning vibe!
Instead, take a moment and focus on your intention for the day. Choose a mantra perhaps, like “I will find joy in my work” and really feel it. Sip some warm water with lemon and just contemplate how good your day will be.
2. Just breathe
Now it’s time to grab your phone or other device. But, STOP, don’t open social media!! Instead head over to this video and just breathe.
Five minutes of meditation!
4. Yoga stretches:
I start my day with these standing poses with Rodney Yee ( I also end my day with his PM yoga release). Here is an alternate that is specifically designed for beginners and also included is an am/pm meditation, AM & PM Yoga & Meditation for Beginners – Gaiam
5. Drink more water:
In the morning after I’ve done all of these things, I drink 16 to 32 oz of tepid water with hot lemon. This seems to give my body a better start to the morning and I am hydrated before I even start to get ready for the day.
6. Seize the day!
Now get ready and go take the day and make it yours!!
I still do some at home workouts. But I really feel too strongly about getting out in nature and just moving. You can walk, hike, run, swim, etc… But the added benefits to getting outside and away from technology for a hot minute is well worth it. At home and gym workouts are awesome for changing up your routine, getting out of the rain and snow, or just meeting other people and that energy vibe you get from working out around other people. But stepping away from the TV, the computers and the tablets can change your entire mental outlook for the day. So get outside and take a walk!