The #MeatlessMonday options are getting better and better this season. Find out what stadiums are upping their #plantbased game at: http://ow.ly/Tz7F50q0l5n
Meatless Options Around Yankee Stadium:
- Guadalupe: Vegan black bean burger, pickled red onions, guacamole, spicy pico de gallo, sprouted wheat bun
- Beyond Sausage: Vegan sausage topped with pickled jalapeños, caramelized onions, pretzel roll
- Changeup Burger (*New in 2019): Impossible 2.0 burger, American cheese, caramelized onions, dill pickles, green leaf, special sauce, served on a sprout bun
- Avocado Bites (*New in 2019): Sliced avocados, deep fried and served with a habanero sauce
- Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bun (Vegetarian): with celery slaw, creamy blue cheese
- Fresh Fruit & Salads
- Field Roast Vegan Burgers
- Veggie Sushi & Edamame
About Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement with a simple message: one day a week, cut the meat. It can make a big difference in personal health and the health of the planet. Excessive consumption of red and processed meat has been linked with a variety of chronic diseases, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity and cancer. In comparison, substituting plantbased foods for meat has been shown to reduce these health risks, resulting in a better quality of life and increased longevity. Raising livestock for our current level of human consumption requires an extraordinary amount of resources and takes a devastating toll on our planet. Meatless Monday helps conserve land, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, save water, and save energy. Meatless Monday is a non-profit initiative of The Monday Campaigns working in collaboration with the Center for a Livable Future (CLF) at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
On a personal note Meat Free Mondays are a great stepping stone to reaching a point where you can reach vegetarian or vegan goals. It gives you a chance to start experimenting with recipes and new flavors, using ingredients you may have never thought could substitute meat as your main course. The reasons for going meat free are many. Do a little digging up of facts yourself and you’ll see. More and more health care professionals are recommending Mediterranean Diets, and vegetarian nutrition. Becoming 100% meat free has been a desire of mine for many years. But it was confusing where to start. It all seemed overwhelming. This is a great starting point, Meatless Monday Recipes!!
Cajun Tofu w/Grits & Greens
Do you have a recipe for a meatless Mardi Gras Celebration? Share in comments, would love to try!
Improve your carbon and kindness footprint! Go meatless for Mondays!