I stumbled across the blog, Discovering Your Happiness who had written part 1 about How To Be A Positive Thinker. I think working on self improvement is huge, not just for myself or selfish reasoning but because of what I put out into the world and how my vibe affects the world around me.
I used to be nothing but a negative thinker. My glass was always half empty. But that’s exactly the point, my glass was staying always half empty. And of course I always blamed that on outside factors and never looked within.
I’ve been working on that though. And actually my blog is part of that ongoing personal positivity project. So I love coming across other blogs that are putting out something that can bring focus to changing my perceptions and focus towards good energy. So I’m participating because small steps like this can brighten my horizons and create a more positive spin on life 😌
- Write down three things that went well & explain why they went well.
- My last run – because I’ve been putting the training and conditioning on my legs.
- Playing cornhole for the first time – because I stepped out of my fear of doing new things in front of others and just did it!
- Putting on a shirt I bought that never fit because it was too tight – because I’ve been working on better nutrition, found a good program and am being consistent with it (no more DIets are ever needed), and have lost 8 pounds!
- Write down three things that didn’t go well & explain why they didn’t go well.
- Making dinner last night – because I was tired and unprepared
- The last yoga balance poses I was trying to do – I just can’t get it
- Trying to re-arrange the office – ahhhh nothing fits the way I want it to!
- Write down three things you are grateful for.
- My hubby
- My kitties
- Good health
- Read back over what you wrote, sometimes what seems super-dramatic in your mind will suddenly seem much more minor when you actually read it out. Was it really worth all that negativity?
- Dinner ended up not all that bad. I was just grumpy tired. My hubby ate it all up and enjoyed it and so did I.
- The balance poses I will eventually get. I weak legs that are getting stronger and as I practice more and gain leg and core strength, I WILL get them!
- The office is too small for all our stuff. It’s not the end of the world. I could get rid of stuff, or just find ways to make the room “feel” bigger 😀
Thanks for the good read and personal development exercise Discovering Your Happiness!