Squash and Pear Soup with Spiced Coconut Milk
Serves 6 to 8
1 (3-pound) acorn or butternut squash
2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for brushing
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 pears, peeled, seeded, and chopped sea salt to taste
4 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 pinch ground nutmeg teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons chopped raw pecans
Directions Found @ Women’s Running
What a wonderful soup for the season!
A creamy chestnut soup with brie and thyme that will warm your soul. It’s full of fiber, nutrients, and antioxidants. It’s gluten free and vegan friendly!
You can find the recipe @Nutrizonia
Chestnut soup with Brie and Thyme
HAVE to make this and so I HAD to share it 🍵
Found @ Gimme Some Oven
This Creamy Cauliflower Soup recipe is made with healthier ingredients, it’s quick and easy to make, and it is so comforting and tasty!
Source: Creamy Cauliflower Soup | Gimme Some Oven
This is the recipe, but I never use the exact amounts with any recipe. I use what I have available. For this I had less beans and tomatoes so I upped the amount of rice, added some canned carrots and just watched closely.
(makes 6 servings)
In small Crockpot, combine beans, tomatoes, vegetable stock, garlic, cumin, oregano, and Chile powder Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or 3-4 hours on high), until tomatoes are disintegrating and beans are starting to fall apart.
When soup has reached the consistency you want, turn Crockpot to high if you were cooking on low. Add 1/4 cup rice and cook until rice is done, about 30 minutes.
Add kale or cilantro and cook 5 minutes more. Serve hot!
I love Halloween. It’s one of the best times of the year to me. I love seeing the creativity that can come from some of the costumes and the way people decorate their homes. I love scaring my…
Source: Because it’s Halloween, here’s a recipe for spicy curried pumpkin soup!
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 peeled carrots
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 cup red lentils (soaked overnight and rinsed)
1. Chop carrots and onion.
2. Heat your pot very hot and toss in coconut oil, onions and a few dashes of salt. Cook onions for a few minutes until they are translucent.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, carrot and celery.
4. Sauté for a minute or two and then add the lentils, squash and the stock.
5. Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for approximately 1 to 1½ hours, or until the soup is of a thick consistency and the vegetables are soft.
Source: Lentils and Squash Soup
- 2 Tbsp butter (use olive oil for paleo)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and rough chopped
- 26 oz box chicken stock (I use vegetable stock)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and fresh pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Recipe & Instructions here…: The Perfect Butternut Squash Soup
Didn’t I say that fall was approaching steadily? Well, here it is – I guess I shouldn’t have jinxed it… Here in Copenhagen, it was raining so much that I will probably…
Source: Pumpkin Soup with Apple
Coconut Sweet Potato Soup
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
1.5 quarts vegetable broth
1 can coconut milk
2-3 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
1 TBSP curry powder, optional
1 TBSP coconut oil
salt and pepper
Mince the garlic and ginger in a food processor. Saute in coconut oil for about 5 or so minutes over medium heat until softened and aromatic. If using, add curry powder, mix well and saute another minute or so. Add the broth and sweet potatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until tender. Mash the sweet potatoes and coconut milk, blend well for a thick smooth consistency. Salt & Pepper to taste. Serve hot.