Squash and Pear Soup with Spiced Coconut Milk
Serves 6 to 8
1 (3-pound) acorn or butternut squash
2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for brushing
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 pears, peeled, seeded, and chopped sea salt to taste
4 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 pinch ground nutmeg teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons chopped raw pecans
Directions Found @ Women’s Running
This guest recipe by Veggies Save The Day looks amazing! Haven’t tried it yet, but I’m planning to some time this month!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash
If you love roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash, you will really enjoy them together. Shallots, salt and pepper add to the complimentary flavors.
Recipe @ Veggies Save The Day
This recipe just appeared in the latest Cotsco Magazine and it sounds delicious!!!!!
You can find more of his fabulous recipes here & here!!
This vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash is sweet, savory, hearty and oh-so gorgeous! It’s gluten-free and packed with nutrition. Perfect for fall!
1 cup dry quinoa , cooked according to package instructions. (add a pinch of salt to the water)
3 acorn squash (medium-sized)
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (or preferred cooking oil)
1 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 large apple, diced
2 cups cremini mushrooms, cleaned and chopped (about 8 oz)
1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
Source & Instruction: Sweet & Savory Stuffed Acorn Squash (Vegan & GF) – Vegan Huggs
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 peeled carrots
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 cup red lentils (soaked overnight and rinsed)
1. Chop carrots and onion.
2. Heat your pot very hot and toss in coconut oil, onions and a few dashes of salt. Cook onions for a few minutes until they are translucent.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, carrot and celery.
4. Sauté for a minute or two and then add the lentils, squash and the stock.
5. Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for approximately 1 to 1½ hours, or until the soup is of a thick consistency and the vegetables are soft.
Source: Lentils and Squash Soup
Delicata squash is probably one of my favourite things to eat comes Fall. They are so soft and smooth, they practically eat themselves up. Last year, I was obsessed with turning roasted delicata sq…
Source: Maple-glazed Delicata Rings \\ Courge Délicata à l’érable
Recipe From The Amazing: She Likes Food
Please stop by her website and try some of awesome recipes!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Recipe type: Snack, Gluten Free
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. While quinoa is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and onions. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the rest of the vegetables, ¼ teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook mixture until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, cooked vegetables and remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and then scoop the quinoa pizza mixture into each tin using a tablespoon. Sprinkle the top of each with a small amount of Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake pizza bites for about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!