We are like children building a sand castle. We embellish it with beautiful shells, bits of driftwood, and pieces of colored glass. The castle is ours, off limits to others. We’re willing to attack if others threaten to hurt it. Yet despite all our attachment, we know that the tide will inevitably come in and sweep the sand castle away. The trick is to enjoy it fully but without clinging, and when the time comes, let it dissolve back into the sea. ~ Pema Chodron
Dreamin’ & Plannin’
Grab the graphic, make your own summer bucket list & give me a pingback, keep it goin’! Would love to see your summer dreamin’!
Take a vacation
Reach 500 followers on WordPress
Read 10 books
Complete 3 rounds of Shift Shop
- Start a meetup.com walkers meetup
Grow my team x 5
- Learn to swim, or at least tread water
Make solid plans for an Ohio trip back home
Hit the beach 2-3 times weekly (at least)
Hang the new curtains (still haven’t since we moved)
Get a new bathing suit/bikini next size down
Sit back, relax and enjoy a summer sunset on the beach
Attend a drum circle on the beach
Do a three-day tech detox
Go to another Tides game
Get a super-bright pedicure
- Spend at least a day at Chincoteague Island
Build a sandcastle
- Get a new minimalist tattoo
Kite flying at Mt Trashmore
- Get massages
Get to meditation classes!!
Do hill repeats
Explore Hampton Roads with the hubby
Set up space for fitness selfies
Buy a new weight bar
Do another paint night with the girls
Do a paint night with the hubby
To be continued….
I’m doing the #10BooksOfSummer 📒☀️ challenge! It’s a reading challenge hosted each year by Cathy from 746 Books blog. She set herself a challenge to read 20 books between June 1st to September 3rd for this year. We can all join in if we want, and you don’t have to set your reading goals for 10 books like I did, you can also choose 15 or 20 (she supplies the graphic on her page to save to your own pc). She’s apparently easy on the rules too. So if you want to change it up you can, want to go from 10 to 20 books, go for it, etc…
You can also share your 📘reading progress on Twitter with the hashtag #10BooksOf Summer, #15BooksOf Summer OR #20BooksOfSummer, as well as giving Cathy updates on your progress. This is an awesome way to get to reading those books you always say you want to read and never quite get too.
My list is a combo of the Game Of Thrones series of books + personal development books that have been recommended to me, but I keep slacking to read. I’m likely reading 2 at a time, in the order you see them in here. I figure one can be my beach/pool side⛱ reading the other can be part of my morning 🌅 (personal development) to get my day started on the right foot!
If you click on the links to each book you can get a description. My Goodreads is really neglected. I don’t keep up with it ha, so sorry if it’s a bit weak as far as being a book nerd goes. I’ll be updating my reviews here on this page and on Goodreads (at least that’s the plan)!
ps…I prefer real books over reading from my kindle. I’m one of those weirdo’s 🤓
🌞 Are you doing any summer challenges?
Beaches, picnics, vacations, swimming, baseball, sunshiny days, warm balmy nights and, grilling out doors!
Hubby and I are planning one of our firsts. Our first grill! As apartment dwellers we’ve seen a lot of restrictions on grills and just no grills allowed at most places. But where we are now we can have a grill, finally!
Veggies straight off an outdoor
grill is my favorite way to eat them other than raw. Can’t wait to use these on the grill outside instead of toaster oven, inside!!
- Eggplant with coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and garlic
- Zucchini with grapeseed oil, lemon juice, and basil
- Summer squash with avocado oil, lime juice, and mint
- Green beans with equal parts sesame oil and grapeseed oil, Chinese black vinegar, ginger, and orange zest
- Corn on the cob with avocado oil, lime juice, and chile pepper
- Sweet bell peppers/zucchini with avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, minced onion, fresh basil, minced garlic, sea salt, pepper
- Eggplant/pattypan squash with avocado oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic clove/grated, sea salt, red chili flakes, fresh mint minced, fresh oregano minced
- Sweet bell
- ll peppers with grapeseed oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, sea salt, pepper
- Summer squash/carrots/asparagus with pomegranate balsamic vinegar, honey, sea salt, pepper, coconut oil, chopped fresh sage, chopped parsley
Reasons To Eat Watermelon
🍉Low in calories
🍉Rich in antioxidants
🍉A good source of vitamins C, A, B6 and B1
🍉A good source of the carotenoid lycopene, which may help reduce the risk of prostate and other cancers
🍉It will help hydrate you
Watermelon and Arugula Salad
Total Time: 15 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 1 serving
2 cups fresh arugula
1 cup cubed watermelon
2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
10 coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Place arugula on a serving plate.
2. Top with watermelon, cheese, and mint.
3. Top with your favorite dressing and enjoy!