“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”-Kerouac
Have a fabulous weekend my friends!
With my messy bed head hair I decided to start the day right. Meditation and visualization! I think this card will be repeated often for me, it wasn’t difficult to summon up an event that was/is difficult to accept. I love the way the day started. Some soul searching, warm sunny rays and yummy food! I think every one of my days will start this way. Next stop was an hour of ashtanga yoga!!!
Half of a Rudi’s Plain English Muffin
Half Tbsp. Justin’s Almond Butter
Half a small banana
Glass of water w/lemon
Steampunk Tights (transformed into capris) by: INKnBURN
Visualization cards by: Unknown (given to me as a gift and there are no markings on the cards). If anyone recognizes what these are let me know!
It made me smile, sharing the smile with you 💗
Today I embraced the sunshine. After the horrible storms that passed through and knowing that autumn is quickly settling in I wanted to take a moment to appreciate the sunshine in the warmth of lingering summer temperatures.
I’m normally not a morning person at all. I am a bit of an insomniac and have always been a bit of a vampire loving the night and the moonlight. But this morning I was up at sunrise so I started the day with My coffee and watching the sunrise. I wanted to linger longer in the morning light as I sipped my coffee watching the rays become warm and bright. I decided after a light breakfast to do a sun meditation and follow it up with some much needed stretching and yoga to lengthen and relax my body. I’m thankful I had the time to sit and just be one with the morning light and the beauty of the sunshine. I played with the light in my photo’s because I’ve always been a lover of shadow and light in photography. Usually in black and white, loving the sharp contrast. The black and white would not have done justice to this awesomely cool shirt I wore (INKnBURN, of course – this time a club offering) 😊 And besides the yellow and the outline of the image reminded me once again, of the sun! I am adding a little info below in case you’re intrigued by sun gazing or have an interest in meditation. Plus some little extra sunshine info.
I highly recommend starting a day or two, or even three with the sunrise and stillness. Just drink it in and feel peace. You can hold a yoga pose, sip some coffee or just grab a blanket or chair and just enjoy the beauty of it all.
You might like to try this simple exercise when you have a moment to just close your eyes, even for just one minute. Ideally you can practice it for real outside in nature at sunrise, but you can do it by just closing your eyes and using your imagination, perhaps in the morning before you start the day, or at any moment that it feels right to allow more light in to your being.
- Imagine yourself sitting, standing or lying outside, perhaps in nature where you feel safe and comfortable. It is early morning before sunrise. You are turned to face East, with a clear view in front of you of the horizon. Maybe it’s a lake and mountain tops, trees and grassy fields, the open sea, the desert or the rooftops of the city.
- You settle in your body and get still. Tune-in to your body sensations as you relax more and more. Feel yourself letting go of all holding and tension. Notice the free-flowing rhythm of your breath.
- Gradually the sun starts to rise over the horizon. Imagine the light starting to flood over the landscape. The sky, your body and all that is around you is gradually being lit up. Imagine the colours emerging. Nothing can stop it or slow it down – that light is coming no matter what. It is like a warm glow. Relax as you feel the warmth touch different parts of your body and notice the changing light and colours in your eyes.
- Feel the light of the sun filling you up, healing, awakening and re-energising every cell in your body. Fully surrender your mind and body to this flood of light and feel your own light starting to react and radiate outward in reflection. How does it feel?
- As you let go completely, acknowledge that you do not have to do or be or achieve anything more to receive this light or to be a source of radiant light. This is what you already are.
- When you feel complete, give gratitude to this amazing sun, source of life and light. As you move out of this practice into the rest of your day, let the light glow out through you all of your being, through your eyes, your smile, your heart and your whole body, so that simply being in your presence can light up all those around you.
Source: Georgina Peard