Thank so much for stopping by and wandering
through the pages of my heart 💜
Ever think of coloring as an adult? Every think of coloring as meditation? I’ve benefited from coloring to quiet my mind when I get stressed. It improves my focus and relaxes my whole body.
Benefits of coloring for adults:
- Your brain enters a focused meditative state. Much like gazing at a candle but more active than that.
- Stress and anxiety levels have the potential to be lowered.
- Negative thoughts release and positive feeling and emotions have room to grow.
- Keeps you in the “now”. In the present which helps you attain mindfulness.
- Unplugging from technology promotes creation over consumption
- It’s an inexpensive way to add art and creativity into your life.
- It can be a relaxed social gathering.
- It’s portable!
How to Color a Mandala:
- You will need crayons, pencil crayons, chalks, pastels, paint, or markers in a variety of colors.
- Print a mandala or stop at any dollar store, book store or craft shop and purchase a coloring book. You can find a ton on amazon.com too!
- Find a quiet and comfortable place where you can work comfortably with no distractions. You can even increase the meditative qualities by finding a spot in a nature where you won’t be disturbed. Here you can take in the scents and sounds while you create your art.
Try not to think too much about what colors you choose, or what’s matchy matchy. Let your instincts guide you. After you begin with the first color, the rest will follow naturally. Susan F. Fincher, the author of numerous mandala coloring books, says, “One color on the mandala invites another, like a guest who asks to bring his friend to your party.”