Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Salmon and Rainbow Veggies
Yield: 3 servings
1 medium yellow squash , sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
2 1/2 cups bite size broccoli florets
1/2 medium red onion , diced into 1 inch chunks
2 Tbsp olive oil , divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp dijon mustard mustard
1 Tbsp honey
3 garlic cloves , minced, divided
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 (5 – 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
1 cup grape tomatoes
4 lemon wedges , for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 2. Line a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment.
3. Place squash on baking sheet on upper third portion of baking sheet then place broccoli in the middle portion and red onion on bottom portion*. Drizzle veggies with 4 tsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss while keeping veggies separated in each section.
4.Roast in preheated oven 8 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in small bowl stir together mustard, honey, 1 tsp of the olive oil, 1 minced clove garlic and lemon juice, set aside.
6. Remove baking sheet from oven.
7. Move veggies down a little ways to fit tomato layer and salmon (as pictured in photo).
8. Place salmon on baking sheet next to squash layer (bottom side facing up), brush of salmon fillets with half of the mustard mixture and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper, then flip each portion and brush tops with remaining mustard mixture and season with salt and pepper. 9.Place tomatoes on baking sheet in the top portion of the baking sheet, drizzle with last 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining 2 cloves garlic evenly over the vegetables and tomatoes.
10. Return to oven and roast until salmon has cooked through and vegetables have softened, about 12 – 15 minutes longer.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges for spritzing over salmon and vegetables.
Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
I tweaked this recipe to make it more keto and vegan friendly. Great summer dish!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 lb chickpea pasta
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley
- Wash the zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper. Remove the stems, then cut them into large slices or pieces (remove the seeds from the bell pepper. Slice the red onion into thick slices.
- Place the zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, red onion, and grape tomatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over top. Gently toss the vegetables until they are well coated in oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over top. (Grape tomatoes are generally too small to place directly on a grill, so if using a grill just add the tomatoes to the salad fresh.)
- Grill the vegetables over an open flame until they are charred and tender. OR, adjust your oven’s top rack to be about 6 inches below the broiler unit and turn the broiler on to high. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and watch it closely until the vegetable become charred and tender (about 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven and distance from the broiler).
- Allow the vegetables to cool slightly after grilling or broiling. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil to cook the pasta. Once boiling, add the pasta and boil for 7-10 minutes, or just until the pasta is tender. Drain the pasta in a colander and allow it to cool slightly (until it’s no longer steaming).
- While the pasta is cooking and the vegetables are cooling, prepare the creamy balsamic vinaigrette. To a jar or bowl add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk the ingredients together or close the jar and shake until combined.**
- Once the vegetables are cool enough to handle, chop them into smaller, 1-inch pieces. Roughly chop the parsley leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chopped vegetables, and parsley. Pour the vinaigrette over top, starting with half and adding more to your liking. Gently stir the pasta and vegetables until everything is coated in dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
This Warm Brussels Sprouts and Pear Salad combines winter flavors in a warm and filling side dish, all in about 15 minutes. Step by step photos.
Recipe Here: Warm Brussels Sprouts and Pear Salad
4 𝒍𝒃 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒔
3 𝒕𝒃𝒔𝒑 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓
1/2 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒆
2 𝒕𝒃𝒔𝒑 𝒎𝒂𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒚𝒓𝒖𝒑
2 𝒕𝒔𝒑 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒖𝒎𝒊𝒏
1/4 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒚
1 𝒕𝒃𝒔𝒑 𝒕𝒐𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔
𝑷𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒎 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒔𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒕𝒉𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎. 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆, 𝒋𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒆, 𝒎𝒂𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒚𝒓𝒖𝒑, 𝒄𝒖𝒎𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒘𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒖𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒏. 𝑺𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒖𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕. 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒔.
𝑪𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏, 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓, 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 12 𝒕𝒐 15 𝒎𝒊𝒏. 𝑼𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒃𝒐𝒊𝒍. 𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒍𝒚 𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒛𝒆𝒅. 𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔.
𝑨𝒅𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 : 𝒉𝒕𝒕𝒑://𝒘𝒘𝒘.𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆.𝒄𝒐𝒎/𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒆/𝒗𝒆𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔/𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒄-𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒔/
𝑹𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒆 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒛𝒊𝒏𝒈: 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝑭𝒐𝒐𝒅
𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒃𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒘𝒆𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒔!
𝑪𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆: 30 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒔
𝑹𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒚𝒑𝒆: 𝑺𝒏𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝑮𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆
½ 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒂, 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅
1 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒊𝒍
⅓ 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒛𝒖𝒄𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒊
⅓ 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒔𝒉
⅓ 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓
⅓ 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒔, 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒛𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒉
2 𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏
2 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒄, 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒅
½ 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒕, 𝒅𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅
¼ 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝑰𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈
½ 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒖𝒄𝒆
⅓ 𝒄𝒖𝒑 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒔𝒆, 𝒑𝒍𝒖𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈
1 𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒍
𝑹𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆
𝑷𝒓𝒆-𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 400 𝒅𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝑭𝒂𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒕.
𝑪𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒂 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔. 𝑾𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒂 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒖𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒊𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔. 𝑪𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓 2 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒅𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔, ¼ 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒕, 𝑰𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔. 𝑪𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒎𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒗𝒆𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅, 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 10 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒔.
𝑨𝒅𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒂, 𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒗𝒆𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒘𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒙 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅. 𝑺𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚 𝒂 𝒎𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒂 𝒑𝒊𝒛𝒛𝒂 𝒎𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒏. 𝑺𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒔𝒆, 𝒊𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅. 𝑩𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒛𝒛𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 15 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒔. 𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 5 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚!