Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Salmon and Rainbow Veggies
Yield: 3 servings
1 medium yellow squash , sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
2 1/2 cups bite size broccoli florets
1/2 medium red onion , diced into 1 inch chunks
2 Tbsp olive oil , divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp dijon mustard mustard
1 Tbsp honey
3 garlic cloves , minced, divided
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 (5 – 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
1 cup grape tomatoes
4 lemon wedges , for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 2. Line a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment.
3. Place squash on baking sheet on upper third portion of baking sheet then place broccoli in the middle portion and red onion on bottom portion*. Drizzle veggies with 4 tsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss while keeping veggies separated in each section.
4.Roast in preheated oven 8 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in small bowl stir together mustard, honey, 1 tsp of the olive oil, 1 minced clove garlic and lemon juice, set aside.
6. Remove baking sheet from oven.
7. Move veggies down a little ways to fit tomato layer and salmon (as pictured in photo).
8. Place salmon on baking sheet next to squash layer (bottom side facing up), brush of salmon fillets with half of the mustard mixture and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper, then flip each portion and brush tops with remaining mustard mixture and season with salt and pepper. 9.Place tomatoes on baking sheet in the top portion of the baking sheet, drizzle with last 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining 2 cloves garlic evenly over the vegetables and tomatoes.
10. Return to oven and roast until salmon has cooked through and vegetables have softened, about 12 – 15 minutes longer.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges for spritzing over salmon and vegetables.
Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
I tweaked this recipe to make it more keto and vegan friendly. Great summer dish!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 lb chickpea pasta
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley
- Wash the zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper. Remove the stems, then cut them into large slices or pieces (remove the seeds from the bell pepper. Slice the red onion into thick slices.
- Place the zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, red onion, and grape tomatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over top. Gently toss the vegetables until they are well coated in oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over top. (Grape tomatoes are generally too small to place directly on a grill, so if using a grill just add the tomatoes to the salad fresh.)
- Grill the vegetables over an open flame until they are charred and tender. OR, adjust your oven’s top rack to be about 6 inches below the broiler unit and turn the broiler on to high. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and watch it closely until the vegetable become charred and tender (about 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven and distance from the broiler).
- Allow the vegetables to cool slightly after grilling or broiling. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil to cook the pasta. Once boiling, add the pasta and boil for 7-10 minutes, or just until the pasta is tender. Drain the pasta in a colander and allow it to cool slightly (until it’s no longer steaming).
- While the pasta is cooking and the vegetables are cooling, prepare the creamy balsamic vinaigrette. To a jar or bowl add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk the ingredients together or close the jar and shake until combined.**
- Once the vegetables are cool enough to handle, chop them into smaller, 1-inch pieces. Roughly chop the parsley leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chopped vegetables, and parsley. Pour the vinaigrette over top, starting with half and adding more to your liking. Gently stir the pasta and vegetables until everything is coated in dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
This Warm Brussels Sprouts and Pear Salad combines winter flavors in a warm and filling side dish, all in about 15 minutes. Step by step photos.
Recipe Here: Warm Brussels Sprouts and Pear Salad
This guest recipe by Veggies Save The Day looks amazing! Haven’t tried it yet, but I’m planning to some time this month!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash
If you love roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash, you will really enjoy them together. Shallots, salt and pepper add to the complimentary flavors.
Recipe @ Veggies Save The Day
Harissa Roasted Vegetables are a spicy, slightly sweet, and smoky vegetable medley that makes a great side for meat or fish. Step by step photos.
Source: Harissa Roasted Vegetables
Fall break is approaching, and I am looking so much forward to going home for a week 🙂 If I needed to pick one season when I miss home most, it would be fall. Colorful vineyards, misty walk…
Source: Tarte d’Automne
4 lb thin carrots
3 tbsp earth balance butter
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Peel carrots and trim ends. They should all be the same thickness, so you may need to slice some in half lengthwise or quarter them. Place earth balance, juice, maple syrup, cumin a in a wide saucepan. Set over medium heat. When butter is melted, stir in carrots.
Cover and cook, turning carrots often, until almost tender, from 12 to 15 min. Uncover and bring to a boil. Stir frequently until carrots are richly glazed. Serve sprinkled with parsley and toasted sesame seeds.
Adapted from : http://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/vegetables/aromatic-carrots/
Recipe From The Amazing: She Likes Food
Please stop by her website and try some of awesome recipes!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Recipe type: Snack, Gluten Free
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. While quinoa is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and onions. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the rest of the vegetables, ¼ teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook mixture until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, cooked vegetables and remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and then scoop the quinoa pizza mixture into each tin using a tablespoon. Sprinkle the top of each with a small amount of Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake pizza bites for about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!