Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
I tweaked this recipe to make it more keto and vegan friendly. Great summer dish!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 lb chickpea pasta
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley
- Wash the zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper. Remove the stems, then cut them into large slices or pieces (remove the seeds from the bell pepper. Slice the red onion into thick slices.
- Place the zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, red onion, and grape tomatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over top. Gently toss the vegetables until they are well coated in oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over top. (Grape tomatoes are generally too small to place directly on a grill, so if using a grill just add the tomatoes to the salad fresh.)
- Grill the vegetables over an open flame until they are charred and tender. OR, adjust your oven’s top rack to be about 6 inches below the broiler unit and turn the broiler on to high. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and watch it closely until the vegetable become charred and tender (about 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven and distance from the broiler).
- Allow the vegetables to cool slightly after grilling or broiling. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil to cook the pasta. Once boiling, add the pasta and boil for 7-10 minutes, or just until the pasta is tender. Drain the pasta in a colander and allow it to cool slightly (until it’s no longer steaming).
- While the pasta is cooking and the vegetables are cooling, prepare the creamy balsamic vinaigrette. To a jar or bowl add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk the ingredients together or close the jar and shake until combined.**
- Once the vegetables are cool enough to handle, chop them into smaller, 1-inch pieces. Roughly chop the parsley leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chopped vegetables, and parsley. Pour the vinaigrette over top, starting with half and adding more to your liking. Gently stir the pasta and vegetables until everything is coated in dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
This Warm Brussels Sprouts and Pear Salad combines winter flavors in a warm and filling side dish, all in about 15 minutes. Step by step photos.
Recipe Here: Warm Brussels Sprouts and Pear Salad
Chickpea & Aubergine Dip
2 cups dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water for 6-8 hours and drained
1 carrot, peeled and cut up
4 garlic cloves, peeled
2 eggplants, cut lengthwise in half
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Harissa
1 tsp ground cumin
Combine the chickpeas, and carrot in a medium saucepan, add 4 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the chickpeas are tender, about 1.5 hours. Drain, and reserve 1 cup of the liquid.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Toss the garlic and eggplant with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and arrange on a roasting pan, eggplant cut side down. Roast for 50 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Scoop the flesh from the eggplant and transfer to a blender. Add the roasted garlic, chickpeas, harissa, cumin, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the reserved liquid. Puree, adding more of the cooking liquid 2 to 3 tablespoons at a time as necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Cool & serve with veggies or pita
4 lb thin carrots
3 tbsp earth balance butter
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Peel carrots and trim ends. They should all be the same thickness, so you may need to slice some in half lengthwise or quarter them. Place earth balance, juice, maple syrup, cumin a in a wide saucepan. Set over medium heat. When butter is melted, stir in carrots.
Cover and cook, turning carrots often, until almost tender, from 12 to 15 min. Uncover and bring to a boil. Stir frequently until carrots are richly glazed. Serve sprinkled with parsley and toasted sesame seeds.
Adapted from : http://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/vegetables/aromatic-carrots/
Recipe From The Amazing: She Likes Food
Please stop by her website and try some of awesome recipes!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Recipe type: Snack, Gluten Free
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. While quinoa is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and onions. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the rest of the vegetables, ¼ teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook mixture until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, cooked vegetables and remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and then scoop the quinoa pizza mixture into each tin using a tablespoon. Sprinkle the top of each with a small amount of Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake pizza bites for about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!