Running in Heat, Cold, Rain or Wind
- Run in sweatpants or a sweatshirt or a long sleeve shirt.
- Wear gloves – there are very light gloves made especially for runners.
- When you run or exercise you warm up very quickly and it’s easy to dress too warmly even on a cold day – so be careful.
- Wear a stocking cap or hat to keep your head warm. You lose most of your body heat from your head and your hands.
- If you don’t have gloves one thing some runners do is wear socks on their hands. Its fun and it keeps you warm.
- It is easier to hurt your muscles if it is cold so start out slower and make sure you warm up. More…